The following outlines the process and fees associated with listing products on a Clean Energy Council Approved Product List.
Before submitting an application:
- Ensure the product is tested and certified to the required Australian and/or IEC Standards by a suitably accredited testing laboratory.
- The list of required standards is available in the How To Apply section of this website.
- Ensure you have at least one importer or local manufacturer of the product
- For inverters/BESS, importers and local manufacturers must also be registered with the Electrical Equipment Safety System (EESS) Registration Database as a Responsible Supplier.
- Ensure you have the documents required to support your application
- The list of required documents is available in the How To Apply section of this website.
- Applications will be delayed where appropriate documents are not provided.
The application process can take between 4-6 weeks and is outlined below:
- Submit application payment online or as per the payment methods on the invoice. For bank transfer please state only the invoice number as reference.
- Once you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming your application has been received.
- An assessor will review your application and contact you within 4-6 weeks, highlighting any areas of concern or items that may have been missed.
- Once additional information or data has been received, the assessor will continue the application review.
- You will be required to upload a copy of approved consumer documentation to your (and your importers) website.
- You will receive an Approval (or rejection) notification via email once the application review has been completed.
- Product listings on the CEC website are updated within 24-48 hours of approval.
Refer to the HOW TO APPLY section for each product type: