The following outlines the process and fees associated with listing products on a Clean Energy Council Approved Product List.
Before submitting an application:
- Ensure the product is tested and certified to the required Australian and/or IEC Standards by a suitably accredited testing laboratory.
- The list of required standards is available in the How To Apply section of this website.
- Ensure you have at least one importer or local manufacturer of the product
- For inverters/BESS, importers and local manufacturers must also be registered with the Electrical Equipment Safety System (EESS) Registration Database as a Responsible Supplier.
- Ensure you have the documents required to support your application
- The list of required documents is available in the How To Apply section of this website.
- Applications will be delayed where appropriate documents are not provided.
The application process can take between 4-6 weeks and is outlined below:
- Submit application payment online or as per the payment methods on the invoice. For bank transfer please state only the invoice number as reference.
- Once you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming your application has been received.
- Once the application invoice is paid, the application will be placed in the application queue to await the next available assessor. The Clean Energy Council generally aims to start reviewing applications within 4-6 weeks of payment of invoice. Once the application has been reviewed, an assessor will email the applicant advising the outcome of the review including any areas of concern or items that may have been missed. The email will be sent to the contact person email entered when lodging the application.
- Once additional information or data has been received, the assessor will continue the application review.
- Once the documents are accepted by the Clean Energy Council, importers and manufacturers will be required to upload a copy of the accepted manufacturer product documentation to the importer(s) and manufacturer websites.
- You will receive an Approval (or rejection) notification via email once the application review has been completed.
- Product listings on the Clean Energy Council website are updated within 24-48 hours of approval.
Refer to the HOW TO APPLY section for each product type:
If you decide to cancel your application after the first contact from the Clean Energy Council, you are entitled to a refund, less an administrative fee of 15 per cent.
After this time the application fee is not refundable.
A full refund will be issued if an application is cancelled prior to processing.