Celebrating 10 years in 2021, the Clean Energy Council Awards are the Australian renewable energy industry's most prestigious awards, recognising and celebrating the outstanding contribution of individuals and businesses to clean energy in Australia.
Innovation Award -
- Energex and Ergon Energy Network deployed a distribution system state estimation engine, developed in collaboration with local start-up GridQube, into their Queensland distribution network’s operational technology environment to understand how the network is performing and actively inform a PV system of additional export capacity over the internet, in near real-time.
- Goldwind Australia sourced and integrated cutting-edge eagle detection and collision avoidance technology into the Cattle Hill Wind Farm in Tasmania.
- Horizon Power partnered with DevelopmentWA to deploy the SmartSun virtual power plant in Broome North, an innovative system with real-time visibility and control of rooftop PV, battery storage, hot water systems and air conditioning.
Community Engagement Award -
- Ergon Energy collaborated with the Diamantina Shire Council in a unique Solar Power Partnership to transition the Western Queensland towns of Bedourie and Birdsville from diesel power generation to renewable energy.
- Horizon Power developed a community engagement strategy to raise awareness of the renewable energy projects included in its Renew the Regions program.
- Hydro Tasmania launched the COVID-19 Recovery Program to assist Tasmanian communities in overcoming the challenges associated with the pandemic.
Marketing and Communications Award -
- Horizon Power developed the Renew the Regions campaign to raise awareness of Horizon Power’s new brand and the company’s ambition to ‘renew the regions’ through its renewable energy programs.
- Synergy employed an innovative marketing approach to create interest in its Outreach initiative, a program designed to increase customers’ understanding of new energy technologies and improve their energy management.
- WWF-Australia developed the Renewables Nation campaign to encourage Australia’s leaders to make the country the world’s leading exporter of renewable energy by 2030.
The Outstanding Contribution to Industry Award and Media Award will be announced with the rest of the winners on 13 July 2021 at the Gala Dinner at the 2021 Australian Clean Energy Summit.
The Outstanding Contribution to Industry Award is presented to an individual who has made a significant contribution to the clean energy industry over an extended time.
The Media Award recognises a journalist for their exceptional coverage of the Australian clean energy industry.
Visit our awards page for more information about the Clean Energy Council Awards and this year’s finalists.
For more information or to arrange an interview, contact:
Clean Energy Council Media Manager
+61 409 470 683