plus Created with Sketch. ! arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up Asset 9Asset 7Asset 2 Group 2 Created with Sketch. Rectangle 11 Copy 4 Created with Sketch. Asset 6 close Asset 5 Icon/news/default Asset 20 arrow Created with Sketch. edit Group Created with Sketch. Icon/Learning/Active Icon/Learning/Inactive Shape Asset 10 instagram linkedin Asset 8 Icon/news/default menu send-2 Created with Sketch. Asset 3 pin Asset 14 search share Asset 15Asset 16Asset 19 twitter Asset 11

Referral Guide - Escalating your Complaint

An Approved Solar Retailer (ASR) is a Signatory to the Clean Energy Council’s (CEC) Solar Retailer Code of Conduct (the Code). This is a non-prescribed voluntary Code that aims to promote best practice measures and activities for retail businesses selling solar photovoltaic (PV) systems.

The CEC acts as the Code Administrator of the Code, carrying out investigation of suspected breaches of the Code and taking action against ASR’s for non-compliance.

If the business that sold you the system is not an ASR, the CEC does not have jurisdiction to investigate or take action for non-compliance with the Code. If the retailer is not a Signatory to the Code, its requirements do not apply to their conduct.

If the retailer that sold you the solar system is not an ASR, we recommend contacting the relevant dispute resolution body, consumer protection authority and/or electrical safety authority for your state or territory. Please refer to the contact details below:


Consumer Protection Authority

Dispute Resolution

Electrical Safety Authority

Australian Capital Territory

Access Canberra Fair Trading

Ph: 13 22 81

ACT Civil & Administrative Tribunal (ACAT)

Ph: (02) 6207 1740

Email: [email protected]

Access Canberra

Ph: 13 22 81

Email: [email protected]

Online Complaint Form

New South Wales

NSW Fair Trading

Ph: 13 32 20

NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal (NCAT)

Ph: 1300 006 228 - Press 1 for Consumer and Commercial Division

Email: [email protected]

NSW Fair Trading

Ph: 13 32 20

Northern Territory

Northern Territory Consumer Affairs

Ph: 1800 019 317 or (08) 8999 1999

Email: [email protected]

Northern Territory Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NTCAT)

Ph: 1800 604 622 or (08) 8944 8720

Email: [email protected]

NT WorkSafe

Ph: 1800 019 115 or (08) 8999 5141

Email: [email protected]


Office of Fair Trading (Qld)

Ph: 13 74 68

Email: [email protected]

Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT)

Ph: 1300 753

Email: [email protected]

Electrical Safety Office

Ph: 1300 362 128

Incident Notification Form

South Australia

Consumer and Business Services

Ph: 131 882

South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (SACAT)

Ph: 1800 723 767

Email: [email protected]

Office of the Technical Regulator

Ph: (08) 8226 5518

Online enquiry


Consumer, Building and Occupational Services

Ph: 1300 654 499

Email: [email protected]

Tasmanian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (TASCAT)

Ph: 1800 657 500

Email: [email protected]

Electrical Standards and Safety Unit

Ph: 1300 65 44 99

Email: [email protected]

WorkSafe Tasmania

Ph: (03) 6166 4600

Email: [email protected]


Consumer Affairs Victoria

Ph: 1300 55 81 81

Victorian Civil & Administrative Tribunal (VCAT)

Ph: 1300 01 8228

Email: [email protected]

Energy Safe Victoria

Ph: 1800 800 158 or (03) 9203 9700

Email: [email protected]

Western Australia

Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety

Ph: 1300 304 054

Email: [email protected]

State Administrative Tribunal (SAT)

Ph: (08) 9219 3111 or 1300 306 017

Email: [email protected]

Director of Energy Safety (Building and Energy Division)

Ph: 08 6251 1900

Email: [email protected]

Please note:

The CEC has no jurisdiction to act if an Approved Solar Retailer has been cancelled as a result of non-compliance with the Code. Please refer to our compliance activity page for cancellations and suspensions here.

A retailer may be misusing the logo or otherwise advertising as an Approved Solar Retailer when they are not. If that appears to be the case, please submit this information via the general enquiry form here.