- Great junior role for a qualified Electrical Engineer
- Play a pivotal role in the Clean Energy Industry
- Full-time, 12-month contract - immediate start
- Melbourne CBD location
A terrific opportunity for a Graduate to grow their career in the fast-growing clean energy sector, while working alongside a passionate team in a values based organisation.
The Clean Energy Council is the peak body for the clean energy industry in Australia. We represent and work with hundreds of leading businesses operating in solar, wind, energy efficiency, hydro, bioenergy, energy storage, geothermal and marine along with more than 6000 solar installers. We are committed to accelerating the transformation of Australia’s energy system to one that is smarter and cleaner.
The Product Program Specialist plays a pivotal role in our Products team managing the CEC's approved product listing processes through liaising with key industry representatives and stakeholders.
Key objectives for the role are:
- Developing and updating CEC's approved product listing processes, by liaising with clean energy industry representatives and other stakeholders.
- Manage the CEC Approved product lists for:
Inverters and PCE;
Batteries and battery energy storage systems;
any future listed product categories.
- Review and process applications for product listings.
- Review and implement suspensions and removal of products from lists.
- Prepare communications material regarding the CEC product listing process and requirements, including website updates, bulletins etc.
- Respond to technical queries related to product listing, from CEC members, accredited installers and product manufacturers/importers.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of Australian and international standards for small-scale renewable energy products, including testing processes and certification schemes associated with these.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering.
- Relevant technical qualifications in renewable energy.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislative and statutory provisions, standards and frameworks relating to the PV sector and electricity supply sector.
- Good computer skills – including MS Office and working with CRM systems such as Salesforce.
- Experience in answering technical questions and communicating complex information.
- Experience designing and/or installing PV and energy storage systems – preferred.
- Experience in renewable energy equipment design, manufacturing, testing or certification would be beneficial.
- CEC design accreditation for grid connect and/or standalone PV systems – preferred.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to a changing work environment
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to speak Mandarin or other relevant languages would be advantageous.
In return, for your outstanding work ethic and motivation, you will be rewarded with a:
- Competitive salary package
- Fabulous team environment
- Passionate and driven, value-based organisation
If you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] Applications will be reviewed progressively and close on Tuesday 9 April 2019.