In March 2018, the Clean Energy Council released a research report on community engagement and benefit-sharing at Australian wind farms.
The research report Enhancing Positive Social Outcomes from Wind Farm Development provides a snapshot of current community engagement and benefit-sharing practices at Australian wind farms.
It presents a foundation for better understanding between wind farm developers and communities, as well as a range of recommendations for sharing the benefits of these projects with locals.
In addition to the full report, a number of briefing papers are available that summarise the report's key findings.
- Briefing paper 1 - Key factors in understanding social acceptance and attitudes to wind development
- Briefing paper 2 - Guidance for developers: improving community engagement practices
- Briefing paper 3 - Guidance for developers: improving benefit-sharing practices
- Briefing paper 4 - Guidance for communities and local government: understanding what to expect from community engagement and benefit-sharing
- Briefing paper 5 - Guidance for industry associations and non-government organisations: supporting positive social outcomes from wind development
- Briefing paper 6 - Guidance for state and federal agencies: encouraging positive social outcomes from wind development